Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First Gray Hair

It's official, I found my first gray hair yesterday right smack dab in the middle of my part right above my forehead. I cried a little. Then searched for more. I found none. I knew the day would come when I would find my first coarse, gray hair flying on the top of my head, but I just didn't think it would be at age 26!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, can't I at least hit 30 before I have to start plucking my head of all my hair? Because that's the solution I've come up with. Pull them out. I'm just hoping they don't come back in double. I've finally accepted the horrible reality of this situation and am going to go buy stock in hair dying products ASAP.

I watched the finale of the Bachelor last night and it was horrible. I haven't watched the bachelor in many years, but I started watching with some friends this season. And of course I got hooked. I know it's unreasonable to think you can fall in love with someone when there's cameras and microphones all around you, and you're competing with others. Is that how you build love? No, that's how you build a competitive person aching to WIN. So OF COURSE everyone is putting their best face on and acting amazing (well, some) because they want to WIN! Once the winner is chosen, it's not so amazing anymore because you don't have to put your best foot forward and you're not competing anymore.

BUT STILL...somehow my romantic nature wanted SO BADLY to have it be a fairytale ending. So when he broke the winner's heart, ON TV, it made me just cringe. I don't think I'll ever watch another bachelor episode. It's a good way to drag yourself into a depressive downward spiral and makes you a more insane relationship analyzer!

LOVE!

1 comment:

  1. I found my first gray hair when I was 18...freshman in college. Then I found a few more a year later...they weren't so much gray as blond, which is ridiculous because I have practically black hair. Hence, I started dying my hair stat. I had an intense fear that I was going to be completely gray by 21. I'm all for the silver gray coming my way, when I'm like 50.

    ReplyDelete