OMG, this is so true! It's horrible. We all believe when we're in high school and college that SOMEDAY, SOMEDAY all this stupid immature gossipy drama crap will subside. And it's crushing to realize that it will never go away. Not when we're in a mature work atmosphere. Not when we buy a house in a neighborhood and there's gossip and drama. Not when we join a nursing home and people hate the newbies. NEVER! Who are these people who thrive off of this stuff? Can't we just all put our prejudices and sterotypes and first impressions aside and really just get to know someone internally (no, not in the sexual sense)???? So many people are living HORRIBLY SAD, PATHETIC, and UNHAPPY lives because they're too worried about other people competing with them, stepping over boundaries, etc. I say those people have the lowest self-esteem on the planet.
And about the markers, ummm...3rd grade maybe? Mr. Boss obviously feels the tension in the office and is worried other groups will want you. And right now, Mr. Boss is the one with the "real world hot" scientist. He's just worried he'll lose you.
About married men. I don't trust them. And this will be another blog at some point. But I have also had some awkward instances with work people. Names have been changed as well.
Example 1
Bruno is the director of the office. He's a 50 year old man who has two kids, a wife, and lives in the mountains. Before I knew he was the director, we befriended each other in the kitchen over a brewing pot of coffee and soon realized that we both loved photography. His eyes immediately lit up, he took me into his office to show me pictures he's taken, and he always talks about photography with me whenever we see each other. After we became "friends", he liked to joke about how he was my father away from home etc. However, at each holiday function we have that includes booze, he has come up to me (awkwardly close) and told me how if he was only younger he would be all over me. AWKWARD. I don't think he remembers these comments. I just toss them aside, but i'm still on guard. I've since learned that he's having an affair with another woman in the office...who's more his age. SICK.
Example 2
Lorenzo is similar to Luigi in that Lorenzo is straight off the boat (or plane) from Venezuela. He loves the pointy-toe shoes, tight jeans, hair gel spiking up his vuluptuous black hair, tan skin, thick accent. He also comes from the the "Latin Land of Lovers"...or so he likes to say. Lorenzo and I were forced to bond over a 4 hour car ride to a job site together. I barely knew him, but he seemed young and hysterical (which he is). We had a blast in the car just talking about everything...from books, to politics, to my family, to writing letters, to homosexuality, to religion, to astrophysics, to hollywood, and beyond. Seriously. I've never had convos with anyone like that. But I thought, GREAT, a new friend at work. And it'll make it easier to work with him since we have a friendship. After receiving a "love letter" in the mail from him and after he took me out to dinner and got me drunk off champagne (who does that???), I realized that maybe this wasn't what he intended. I became withdrawn and we have been awkward ever since. WTF. You're married you little venezuelan fucker. However, he claimed there are many different types of love. Which I agree with. But there's only one once you're married. Sorry pal.
Example 3
When I joined the company, Jared and I were the closest in age (I was younger by at least 20 years to everyone else). Despite his wife and new baby, he tried to kiss me at work after a bunch of us had some wine at work. I was so mad and stormed away. He's now left the company.
Does this happen to guys that are new to a company?? NO! It makes me sick to my stomach and makes me question every man out there. Will I ever trust anyone after I've seen what takes place in the workplace?
I'm depressed now.
LOVE!
I Guess This is Technically My Last Post.
16 years ago
Apparently its a vagina thing. If you have one, are young, and new to the work place, it will cause problems. And you can't help it because you were born that way. If i make it to my nursing home years, I hope I'm the lush in the tricked out wheel chair with a whiskey (not beer) helmet on my head getting DUI's left and right because I took out another ficus plant. Who doesn't love that old lady?
ReplyDelete